Over-the-Rhine Community Housing Background
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing (OTRCH), founded in 1988, is a not-for-profit corporation whose mission is to build and sustain a diverse neighborhood that values and benefits low income residents.
OTRCH traces its roots back to RESTOC (1978) and Over the Rhine Housing Network (1988). Today OTRCH owns 92 buildings and manages over 400 units of housing. In 2015 OTRCH served 797 households.
The Accountant is responsible for carrying out the mission of the organization by managing and executing the day-to-day accounting activities. Statements included in this description reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience working with accounting software
- Ability to develop electronic documents
- Ability to organize work and problem solve
- Must have ability to work independently
- Must have ability to communicate well as with low income residents, public officials, funders and other professionals
- Receive and sort all bills and invoices
- Enter bills into Quickbooks and prepare payments
- Receive and reconcile bank statements
- Prepare Supportive Housing and Shelter Plus Care payments and reconcile final billings
- Track HUD Shelter Plus Care and Supportive Housing expenses
- Prepare financial statements for several properties
- Coordinate benefit enrollment and payments
- Manage utility payments for all properties
- Work with vendors and contractors on issues with invoices and payments
- Assist Finance Director and Property Manager with recording rent payments
- Assure financial record keeping in compliance with funding requirements
- Follow established financial policies and procedures
If you have the prerequisite experience and skills and a strong desire to make a difference please send your resume with a cover letter to Mary Burke Rivers at email@example.com or Over-the-Rhine Community Housing, 114 W. 14th St., Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Respond by 5pm Monday September 12, 2016.