Women of Over-the-Rhine is a peer-to-peer support group that formed in December 2015 and is facilitated by Over-the-Rhine Community Housing resident Angie Merritt. Each Thursday from 11am-noon, women gather to support, inspire, and empower one another by sharing experiences, building personal bonds, and connecting each other to resources in order to remove or reduce barriers to economic self sufficiency and personal growth. The group meets at 220 East Clifton Ave. and is welcome to women who live in Over-the-Rhine and beyond.
Women of Over-the-Rhine seeks to address the needs of low-income women by achieving three primary objectives:
- The group provides emotional support to members in order to promote strength and solidarity for low-income women.
- Members receive assistance with resume writing, job searching, and connecting with other employment resources to aid in professional growth.
- Women of Over-the-Rhine inspires group members and broadens their experiences by inviting guest speakers, organizing community events, and planning field trips.
Women of Over-the-Rhine is working to build a future where women can come together to share, discuss, and overcome life’s challenges and express themselves without judgment. The group operates based on the following values:
- Women should not be defined by past negative experiences.
- We have the power to transform and renew ourselves by helping each other.
- Supportive communication creates understanding and love.